Closets are our specialty and often the most overcrowded space in your house. Are your hanging clothes jammed together? Are your shoes all over the floor? Here are 3 ideas to make your closet more organized:
- Double Hang your Clothes - Double your hanging space with one bar on top and the other on the bottom (think pants on one and shirts on the other).
- Drawers – Drawers will make your closet look nicer but they have twice the storage capacity as hanging things up. It also gives you a place to put socks, underwear, t-shirts and accessories. You might even forgo a dresser to make more room in the bedroom.
- Open Shelving - For sweaters, shoes or for baskets, as a more economical substitute for drawers.
Always one of the messiest rooms in the house, what can you do to make your laundry room more organized? Here’s 3 ways:
- Add cabinets above your washer and dryer – Put your detergent bottles, iron and other cleaning supplies behind closed doors
- Add a tall cabinet for your tall things – A space for your broom, mop, vacuum and ironing board
- Space to hang clothes – Whether it's a hangin bar under a shelf or hooks behind the door, take advantage of every little bit of space to hang things that come out of the dryer
A pantry closet with adjustable shelves, pull out drawers and even narrow spaces for baking sheets would make cooking so much easier. And make the most of your space with corner shelving.
Remember when your car(s) fit easily in the garage with all your tools, lawn mower and sports equipment? If it's been a while, it may be time to get organized, and here are a few things to start with:
- Overhead storage - Add a storage shelf with tubs above your cars for lesser used stuff
- Cabinets – For your paint, lawn chemicals and whatever you want out of sight
- Slat wall system – Even if it's only one wall of your garage, this adjustable system will allow you to get your large gardening tools and even your bikes off the garage floor